Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Can't See


I don't see that
I don't see what you see
This debate is fake on your half if you say you believe in what I do
How can that be true?
I'm not going to take a place atop a tower and cast shame downwards because that's not my place, it seems to be yours
I don't see that
I don't see where it says hate and separation is justified 
What faith is that?
I don't see confusion 
I see it clear I don't care about what color your skin is but how you treat me and how you care 
I don't say that you're wrong, the opinion is yours
But I'm left believing your closed mindedness has left you ignorant and safe inside your glass house
I hope you cherish your safety because I can't imagine you surviving this world without it
But I don't see love in your view
I may be bitter at times, that's rectifiable 
But your justified ignorance is not 
It may have been a while ago but it's not now
It's sad, very sad that you call yourself by the name of his people but lack the intelligence to know your faith is fake
You can't mix faith with hate
So don't ask me how I love a friend, who is a strong woman and loves a strong woman. Don't come to me questioning why an interracial couple would chose to have a child together, and that that child will grow up confused by what they are
Because I don't see what you see
Neither of our generations have witnessed the significant divide from our past so I don't play those cards
But I do play the card of being a child of his, knowing his view is nothing like what you see, nothing like the racial poisoning that you project and respect 
All I can do is pray, pray for the veil to be lifted off your eyes and pray that your offspring will not be ill effected by you 
I pray that he or she learns to just love, without conditions, learn that love is an international means of communication and it's more than just the color of your skin

No comments:

Post a Comment