Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Lick The Glass Of Your Life

A must be nice
Wonder what that life is like
My life is nothing quite
Like the picture I see of your L-I-F-E
But these windows taste alright
Like warmth, trust, strain and strife
Must be nice to be in a position of security
I wonder what that's like?
So I lick the glass of your life
Seeing into it, tasting the mix of love and compassion
Better than my own glass,
jagged and shattered, tasteless and bitter
Just pieces to a whole
The aftermath of destruction that has severely taken
a toll
My breath fogs up my view at times and
the coolness of the glass feels nice against my skin
sending chills all over my body
With my eyes darting back and forth as I watch
your life play out I question is that what life is like?
The comfort, the joys, the highs, the lows, the peaks,
the valleys, the support?
I don't know that normal, I don't know that life
So as my eyes droop and close, I fall asleep and dream
awaiting to tune into another one of your life episodes

No comments:

Post a Comment