Monday, October 26, 2015

Contents

I've embraced the life
Of treasured moments
Embraces 
Hate
Suffering 
Those with which we'll lose
Well you'll lose and I'll be left holding onto
A communication that happens seldom
But when it does it's like we never left
Like it hasn't been years 
Like we never left one another
But I'm alone
I'm left with the memories 
But somehow I'm okay with it this way
It's like your memories are personal effects
Contents left in my mind that no one can collect
So I've grown to become fine, okay
Treasure the high school years of play brother and sister
I'll keep those vital visions of you playing football
I'll keep those views of you strong and smiling
You never did lose that strength,smile, or that laugh
I'll carry the contents of you in my memory no matter how heavy 
For your memory is not a burden it's a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment