Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Thrill of the Defeat



Don't wave my white flag for me
I haven't given up yet
And if you knew me you would know I'm better than that
Defeat and I have never been able to coexist for long before one of us is calling our arrangement off, packing our bags and leaving out of the door
We can be so attracted to one another
And we do a wonderful job at accepting one another's  faults, and there is the no judgement thing that is appealing
But here's where I have to draw a line, cut ties and move on
I don't do commitment to settling for less 
I've dated defeat and it doesn't ever change, it's consistent in remaining complacent
Which I just can't do
I don't have much time left, and I have a work to do, so I've got to move on defeat, my love

No comments:

Post a Comment