Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I'm going to love you from a far

Everyone has some kind of dysfunction in their families, no ones family is perfect. But do you ever just feel like if your family members were not your family members you would not be cool with one another? A friend of mine said something very true when he said, while you're a child you can't pick your family you sort of have to put up with them, but when you become an adult you pick your own family. For instance I consider my church family my family, and some if my friends like the brothers and sisters I never had. While on the flip side I consider some of my family strangers. I know I'm not the only one who feels like sometimes you can let you family get away with everything but murder. But I look at it this way, would I let a stranger do the messed up stuff that a family member may do? No. So just because we're "family" you're allowed to mistreat me at anytime? Nooooooo. Love your family but  love some of them from a far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment